Constructive Conflict Initiative
Public Discussion --Discontinued
We have discontinued this discussion due to low involvement. However, we still are soliciting private comments and are sharing them (with permission) on our Initiative Feedback Page. We are keeping this page available, though, so the comments made here are not lost.
Guy Burgess and Heidi Burgess
Co-Directors, Beyond Intractability Project, Conflict Information Consortium
We hope to use this forum to stimulate a broad discussion of the ideas presented in the Constructive Conflict Initiative (and other associated documents). The questions we will start with here are a subset of those we are asking on the private comment form, but the conversation here may go in different directions, and that's okay (as long as the discussion stays constructive and civil).
So please use this forum to make comments and suggestions about the Constructive Conflict Initiative that you are willing to share publicly and use the private comment form/email to make comments privately (about your potential participation for instance) to the authors Guy Burgess and Heidi Burgess.
|Sign Up to Join the Discussions|
Sign Up Required
As is true for all the other MBI discussions, we require participants here to sign up for a free user name and password, which helps us weed out bots, spammers, and other destructive participants. The sign up is not automated, so while we will make every effort to respond to your request for a username and password quickly, it will not be instantaneous. But it does allow us to do a better job screening participants, which we hope will keep the discussion constructive.
Please see our general discussion guidelines which are also intended to keep the conversations here constructive.
- Overall Assessment: In principle, does this seem like an effort worth pursuing?
- Suggestions: Do you have any specific suggestions for improving either the substance or the language of our initial draft documents?
- Related Efforts: Are you aware of people working on similar or overlapping efforts who we should contact with the goal of being as mutually supportive as possible?
- Next Steps: Do you have thoughts or suggestions about next steps that should be taken to pursue these ideas further?
- Other: Is there anything else related to this initiative that you would like to share?
Responses as of 8/1/19
If you scroll down to primary post #6, you will see a set of posts where Heidi summarizes responses received so far via email (which is where most of the responses have been coming in.) These posts summarize ideas for improving the initiative and possible next steps.